In <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
   Sami Nieminen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Wed, 16 Aug 2000, Mike A. Harris wrote:
>
> > Really?  Perhaps those having bad burns are using the software
> > illegally with a warez crack or code.  I know people who have
> > done so and it spits out frisbees randomly.  Maybe one good burn,
> > and 2 bad ones, etc..  I use the shareware version at 1x myself
> > and am happy.  Never had a bad burn with CDRWin and I've burned
> > probably 100 disks with it.  Only time anything went wrong was
> > with Windows stupid screen saver of all processor and disk
> > suckageness kicking in.
>
> Naturally burning at only 1x is more reliable, but who wants to do that if
> the drive supports more. I had many coasters with CDRWin because the
> version I had, didn't support my Plextor burner. CDRWin never reported any
> error messages, the cd just was not playable. I have heard that the newest
> version should support my drive also, but I am happy with cdrecord. I
> guess I only need basic but reliable functionality, which cdrecord sure
> does offer.

  I think the point is that the free one only works reliably at 1x and
if you register you get one which works full speed. That's based on what
my Win9x friends tell me, I don't use it myself, although I'm going to
have to, can't find webcam software for Linux and a camera which is
still made 8-(

--
   -bill davidsen ([EMAIL PROTECTED])