>From: "Dave Platt" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>>      Does anybody know how to pipe the O/P of readcd into cdrecord? - ie.
>> for a machine with insufficient diskspace to dump the CD's image or for a
>> faster copy. I tried
>>
>> readcd dev=x,y f=- | cdrecord [options] -
>>
>> but when I checked what was actually written to the CD it had been corrupted by
>> verbiage from readcd's stdout :-(. If I direct readcd's stdout to /dev/null
>> then nothing is piped into cdrecord. In the end I did a
>>
>> cdrecord [options] /dev/scd<n>
>>
>> which was OK since it was a 1-track CD but I'd like to know how to do
>> multi-track CDs in one go.

>You could try something like

>       mkfifo /tmp/sleazy-hack
>       readcd dev=x,y f=/tmp/sleazy-hack &
>       cdrecord [options] /tmp/sleazy-hack

You don't need it:

        readcd | cdrecord

just works fine!

in the non error case, readcd is clean since september 1999, since ~september 2000
readcd is even clean when an error occurs.

Jörg

       [EMAIL PROTECTED]               (uni)  If you don't have iso-8859-1
       [EMAIL PROTECTED]           (work) chars I am J"org Schilling