The lines below are the contents of CD-Writing HOWTO. Give it a try.

       shell> IMG_SIZE=`mkisofs -R -q -print-size private_collection/  2>&1 \
       | sed -e "s/.* = //"`
       shell> echo $IMG_SIZE
       shell> [ "0$IMG_SIZE" -ne 0 ] && mkisofs -r  private_collection/  \
       |cdrecord  speed=2  dev=0,6,0
                   tsize=${IMG_SIZE}s  -data  -
       #       don't forget the s --^         ^-- read data from STDIN

  The first command is an empty run to determine the size of the image
  (you need the mkisofs from the cdrecord distribution for this to
  work). Maybe your writer does not need to know the size of the image
  to be written, so you can leave this dry run out. The printed size
  must be passed as a tsize-parameter to cdrecord (it is stored in the
  environment variable IMG_SIZE). The second command is a sequence of
  mkisofs and cdrecord, coupled via a pipe.

Rizwan