On 01-Feb-01 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Did you check if cdparanoia follows the right rules for track boundaries?
>
> You should extract with both programs and check for identical length
> of the audio files first.
>
> Note that you should do this with a CD that does _not_ start at +2:00
> seconds

No I didn't check it yet. But it *did* produce CD's without perceptible
errors at track boundaries.

I can't remember the start of the first tracks, but I know I copied audio CD's
with various pregaps, and the came out fine.

Would that difference only be there with a different pregap of the *first*
track or would you expect trouble with any pregap thats's not 2:00s ?

I recently did some test with the 1.12 firmware of the Ulta-plex 40ts and
"diffed" the audio files -- and found no differences. But there I'm not sure
about pregaps, but I think the tracks ran into each other, so pregap
probably was more or less 0:00s.

K.-H.