[Quoting [EMAIL PROTECTED], on February 21 2001, 15:44, in "Re: Need advice"]
> >According to
> >the Nero support staff, Nero needs to analyze the _contents_ of the
> >ISO image to "layout the logical data format that is to be written to
> >the CD."
>
> Why ?
>
> >I would assume that a mkisofs generated ISO image is ready to be
> >burned and that no additional processing would be necessary. Can
> >anyone with more knowledge than me shed any light on this?
>
> The Image is ready for burning.

This is exactly what I would have expected. But somehow I cannot
convince the Nero people.

> >mkisofs 1.8.1 runs on RedHat 6.1.
> >Nero 5.0.3.8 runs on Windows 98SE.
> >CD writer is Plextor PX-W4220 on SCSI.
>
> Why don"t you use cdrecord to burn?

See our earlier conversation on cdrecord trying to burn CD's on the
Plextor under Windows98. A summary:
* cdrecord 1.10a4 coredumps on W98SE.
* cdrecord 1.8a28 runs on W98SE but gives strange error codes with
  this drive.

-- Johan