>From [EMAIL PROTECTED] Mon Jun 18 18:43:44 2001

>So sprach [EMAIL PROTECTED] am Mon, Jun 18, 2001 at 06:29:47PM +0200:
>> Well the price of a Solaris installation is _exactly_ the same a
>> the price for a Linux installation!

>Ah, okay.  This also includes the numerous Solaris boards and huge pile of
>software available for Solaris?  Where can I find, let's say, KDE II or
>Evolution 1.0.3 for Solaris?  Does it compile just as easily there as it
>does on Linux?

We are going in circles, but I hope it helps:

It a specific software does not compile on Solaris, complain at the Authors.
They did a bad job in such a case...

Note: Free Software the way you know it has been born on SunOS & Solaris.
So any software that exists before 1995 should be more or less clean and build
on Solaris without problems.

Jörg

       [EMAIL PROTECTED]               (uni)  If you don't have iso-8859-1
       [EMAIL PROTECTED]           (work) chars I am J"org Schilling