Joerg Schilling <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> advised:

> >I switched to using dd if=/dev/scd0 bs=64k as the source of the pipe and
> >the buffer reported being 100% full all the way; it worked fine,
> >additionally.
>
> Don't do that, cdrecord does the job better. In any case, it is a good
> idea not to copy without image.

Definitely agreed. I have a situation which requires burning from an NFS
mounted ISO image, and that's essentially the same problem as "read and
burn" copy. I write at low speed and use a large fifo, but I would keep
a copy of the image on local disk if I could.

On the other hand, there is something to be said for NFS, someone else
buys the storage and must do backups! That covers a lot of
inconvenience.

--
   -bill davidsen ([EMAIL PROTECTED])