>From: Eduardo =?iso-8859-1?Q?P=E9rez?= <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>If anyone is interested here is my branch of mkisofs.
>I plan to keep Joerg Schilling mkisofs as base.

Let me comment your patches to help potential users....

/*--------------------------------------------------------------------------*/
>The fixes in my branch are:
>mkisofs_noprogdateversioncmdlineversion.diff
>Do not leak unneeded information about command line used or system used.
>Many other image creators also don't leak this information.

The ISO-9660 standard requests the ISO image to contain information about the
creating system and the creating program. It you remove this information you
make mkisofs les ISO-9660 compliant.

/*--------------------------------------------------------------------------*/
>mkisofs_notevenpathtables.diff
>This saves up to 4 sectors not used. Making images like other image
>creators.

This seems to be the only patch from your mal that makes sense, however we are
only talking of at most 4 sectors so it may be better to leave mkisofs as it is
because we never had any problems this way.

/*--------------------------------------------------------------------------*/
>mkisofs_notimezone.diff
>Do not write timezone information to the image as new and correct
>filesystems do.

The ISO-9660 standard requests the ISO image to be handles in the way the
original mkisofs does. Your patch is completely useless. Createing an ISO
image that uses virtual GMT does not help at all as the ISO-9660 requieres any
compliant filesystem to subtract timezone information from the time stamps in
the FS. There is no gain (apart from being less standard compliant) from
suntracting 0 instead of something != 0.
/*--------------------------------------------------------------------------*/
>mkisofs_correctmtime.diff
>Set the cd time based on the files that go in the image not the current
>time. The current code in mkisofs is getting current time from many places
>and this fixes it.

Again, this makes mkisofs less standard compliant.

I hope this helps people to make the right decision.

Jörg

       [EMAIL PROTECTED]               (uni)  If you don't have iso-8859-1
       [EMAIL PROTECTED]           (work) chars I am J"org Schilling