On 2002-01-20 23:39:35 +0100, Carsten Neumann wrote:
> On Sun, 20 Jan 2002, Joerg Schilling wrote:
> > In many cases it helps to read the standard if you like to join a discussion.
>
> And that's why I asked YOU to give a pointer to the standard.

Hello Carsten,

You and I know that Joerg only understands what the standard says. If the
standard said that grep root /etc/shadow should be included in the
image, he would include it because the standard says so.
But we really want a CD that works in most iso9660 readers.
In fact this nonstandard version sector isn't very well understood by
some crappy iso9660 readers.

That data is not needed by any iso9660 reader so I don't put it on the
image.

We should concentrate in making every distribution see that this spyware
is not wanted by most mkisofs users.

I thank Joerg of his good work in cdrtools but this is not acceptable by
mkisofs users.

Regards,

                Eduardo Pérez