Joerg Schilling wrote:
>>From: Danilo Godec <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>>

>>I have a tiny problem with using cdrecord, but have never been to worried
>>about it. It's getting bit annoying, however, so:
>>

>>If abort cdrecord (CTRL-C) after it has already started writing, the
>>burner seems to be stuck, the 'writing' LED is blinkig and will not become
>>available until the machine is restarted.
>>

> The only way to abort DAO recording I know is to send a reset to the drive.
>
> Linux does not support this.

Jörg,
Redhat 7.0, 7.1 and 7.2 support scsi bus reset via the sg
driver [and I just checked my Suse 7.3 box and it's there
as well]. My guess is all Linux distributions for the last 18
months support it **. The ioctl has been in the sg interface
for over 2 years.

The only place it hasn't been is in the official lk 2.4
series but it will be in lk 2.4.19 . For anyone brave
enough to use lk 2.5.9 it is in there as well (but the
ide-scsi driver is broken at the moment :-) ).

Doug Gilbert

** to check if it is available in kernel source go
to /usr/src/linux/drivers/scsi and do
"grep SCSI_TRY_RESET_DEVICE scsi.h".