On Wed, Apr 24, 2002 at 08:53:18AM -0400, Douglas Gilbert wrote:

> Redhat 7.0, 7.1 and 7.2 support scsi bus reset via the sg
> driver [and I just checked my Suse 7.3 box and it's there
> as well]. My guess is all Linux distributions for the last 18
> months support it **. The ioctl has been in the sg interface
> for over 2 years.

> The only place it hasn't been is in the official lk 2.4
> series but it will be in lk 2.4.19 .

Should it be in linux 2.4.19-pre7 then? I'm running that and at least
cdrecord -reset doesn't produce an error message, but it doesn't reset
the drive either after aborting cdrecord. I noticed that cdrdao unlock
does reset the drive, at least enough that after eject and reload it's
in usable state again.