Thanks everyone for the info.. Learning alot, I am.
        Right now, in my program, I'm getting the size of the disk (ATIP in
cdrecord), and only using 90% of that size for files available to archive.
 From the sound of this, it's too much..
        Now, I can run the -print-size option, but that causes (for me)
unneccessary overhead and gives: 1. The OS/mkisofs to cause an error and
abort the automated burn, and/or 2. The user to intr it or susp it or
otherwise 'get in the way', which I also want to avoid. (And, considering
the way I'm running it (combined C code with Informix FGL language),
calling external commands are slower than molasses in January..
        Since (and I mean this in the gentlest way possible) 99% of my clients are
monkey-brains, I don't think they'll notice that the discs aren't 100% full. :>

Thanks!
Mike.