>From: Mike Fox Morrey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>       Now, I can run the -print-size option, but that causes (for me)
>unneccessary overhead and gives: 1. The OS/mkisofs to cause an error and
>abort the automated burn, and/or 2. The user to intr it or susp it or
>otherwise 'get in the way', which I also want to avoid. (And, considering
>the way I'm running it (combined C code with Informix FGL language),
>calling external commands are slower than molasses in January..
>       Since (and I mean this in the gentlest way possible) 99% of my clients are
>monkey-brains, I don't think they'll notice that the discs aren't 100% full. :>

This is definitely the best solution:

Check for the overhead for your typical case. If you put 20000 files on the
disk, it should be easy to find a solition that does not waste more than 5% of
the media size.

Jörg

       [EMAIL PROTECTED]               (uni)  If you don't have iso-8859-1
       [EMAIL PROTECTED]           (work) chars I am J"org Schilling