>>I would suspect anything over 2Gb will be problematic ...
>
>Because of HFS limitations or because of limitations from within your code?

I _believe_ the limit for the HFS implementation in libhfs is 4GB (65536
allocation blocks of 65536 bytes)

Although the theoretical limit is nearly 256TB - see:

http://www.mars.org/mailman/public/hfs-user/2002/000268.html

However, there are probably limits in my code (and/or libhfs) that means
2Gb is the maximum.

>If you find a solution and can make sure that it will not affect the behavior
>without HFS, it would be nice to include a fix before the next major release
>comes out.

I'll have a look at the code, but I can't promise I'll be able do fix anything
that needs fixing quickly ...

James Pearson