:
: How? Specifically, if I wanted to burn my /www subdirectory and all
: files and subdirs contained within to CD. I know I can mkisofs out of
: it, but I dont want that. I just want a copy of my e2fs /www on CD.
:
: Thanks
: Korey
:

Korey,

It's not clear if your /www represents the root of a e2fs file system.
Assuming it does, here's all you need to do;

dd if=/dev/hdaX bs=32k | cdrecord -v -

(replace hdaX with your e2fs partition mounted as /www)

I often backup directories into tar files and then write those
to CD's using mkisofs, rather than running mkisofs on the directories
themselves. Tar files keep file permissions, ownerships, dates, etc and
allows for more flexibility when accessing and restoring files.

I'm curious, Why do you want an e2fs on the CD?  Few people would know
how to read an e2fs image file or CD.

I hope this helps.

--
Frank Hage  [EMAIL PROTECTED]