Hi!

----->>

JS>         Shut down all X applictations (inclusive the XDM login screen)
JS>         I suspect that newer KDE versions mzy be the reason for such a behavior.

JS>         If this is not possible write in single user mode.

JS> If this helps, try to find the reason ;-)

As a side note, sometime ago i've sent you a patch that works on
WinNT/2000/XP systems and which locks the CD drive from being
concurrently accessed by those unfriendly applications during write.

Do you wish to include it to the cdrecord's main sources? I can adopt
it to the latest versions, if you want.

Egor.            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] ICQ 5165414 FidoNet 2:5020/496.19