Well... it seems to be fixed!!!! Out of sheer desperation, I took the drive
out and cleaned the laser with Qtip and Windex. Now the thing runs awesome
again.  I don't know if the cleaning fixed it coincidently, or if the lense
was just dirty. Either way, its working great. Thanks for everyones help.

Casey