On Sun 2 February 2003 03:25, Rob van Nieuwkerk wrote:
> Hi Jörg,
>
> Jörg wrote:
> > cdda2wav is the best currently known DAE tool.
> > People report even better quality than with EAC.
> >
> > In contrary to cdrdao, cdda2wav handles nearly 100% of even all
> > play protected disks. Just use cdda2wav -paranoia to overcome
> > the intentional bad audio quality on these play protected
> > disks. For the rest of the play protedted disks,
>
> I'm a happy cdrtools user: never had any problems with it.
> Till today .. :-)
>
> I bought a new CD yesterday ("Lost Tracks" by Dutch singer
> Anouk). cdda2wav (I tried both cdrtools-1.10 & cdrtools-2.01a02)
> was not able to extract track nr 15 completely (the extraction
> just stalls halveway) and there are audible clicks and missing or
> duplicated small pieces in the other tracks.

Isn't that CD supposed to be copy protected? I think I heard
something about that. Anyway, I did a little search, and there are
MP3's of that album, including track 15. I didn't download and
listen (that would be illegal after all) so I don't know about the
audio quality, maybe they were ripped through an analog cable. At
any rate, don't give up yet (and if you can't get it to work,
return the CD as defective if there wasn't a big fat sticker on it
saying that it's not a CDDA, copyprotected and won't play in a
computer).

FWIW,

Lourens
--