On Mon, Oct 12, 2009 at 02:47:11PM +0200, Joerg Schilling wrote:
> Ingo Krabbe <ingo.kra...@eoa.de> wrote:
>
> > As you recommended I changed my usage of growisofs/genisoimage into
> > mkisofs/cdrecord.
> >
> I see no crash and everything is OK, you may verify this by e.g. calling:

Yes you are right. This disk was recorded with mkisofs -dvd-video and actually
works.  So maybe cdrecord isn't the problem after all, though reading the data
from the dvd with readcd gives me an image I can mount with

mount -oloop imgfile /mnt/image

I would really like to fix this, as it seems to be possible to write dvd disks
with cdrecord, but still it fails to write the toc without showing an error
report.

-dvd-video seems to create a UDF Filesystem. It seems that the toc format of UDF
is more stable, which leads me to the assumption that there might be a trick to
get the iso9660 filesystem onto the dvd.  Otherwise I would have quit this
topic, but I just can't see where my drive or any other component fails here.

If there is really a failure that should be reported somewhere.

Anyway I think it would be helpfull if you give me a short hint about debug=#
and kdebug=# numbers.

thx

ingo