Hello all, it seems that cegcc is quite dead, or people who use it are happy
with it (just like me).

I'm building my code for WinPhone7 and everything worked out of the box. I
mainly use cegcc for code with att-style asm, or I use gnu assembler. I compile
static libs with it and link it with regular tools from MS.

Now, with WinPhone8 it rejects the libs as invalid. Upcoming VisualStudio and
Windows 8 have ARM support out of the box. armasm (which looks too similar to
armasm that comes with arm's dev tools) lists three types of machine targets:
arm, thumb, armce. Any idea what's different? Do they use different object
format (quite unlikely), or they simply added different CPU id for otherwise
identical objects?

Since Windows 8 ads native arm support, perhaps gcc/mingw will add full support
for windows/arm as well. Any info on that?