Hello,

* On Thu, Jan 08, 2009 at 05:04:46PM +0100 Tiger!P wrote:

> [...]
[...]

> NB: This applies to CenterIM developers as well. Is there anyone with
> notable contributions to CenterIM that would oppose this?

IANAL, but I have had similar problems in other projects before. I want
to remark that the license does not distinguish between contributors
that sent a patch of just one single line, or someone who has done
"notable contributions".

Thus, in effect, you have to ask each and every single contributor,
regardless of how small his contributions were. In practice, in most
projects, it is almost impossible to do so, as in most cases, you cannot
be sure that you reached all contributors. Also the centerim-devel ML is
not enough, as you cannot be sure that you reach all contributors here.
You have to write to each one (and hope the mail addresses you have are
still valid). If you do not, then you end with an idea that you might be
safer than before, but in fact, you are not safer than before, without
making the exception for OpenSSL.

Just my 2 cent,
Spiro.

--