Hi,

What's making me think about the online/offline issue, is the fact that
the unwanted users are all created when going online again, like this scan
shows:

cd ~/.centerim
find . -name "[0-9]*" -type d | while read dir; do d="$( basename $dir )" ; ls
-la ${d}/history >/dev/null 2>&1 || ls -lad $d; done | sort

(This query finds all ICQ contacts and prints a list of directories that
don't contain a history file)

This results in output like this (shortened):

drwx------ 2 freddy wheel 4096 May 14 11:31 356128260
drwx------ 2 freddy wheel 4096 May 14 11:31 362156623
drwx------ 2 freddy wheel 4096 May 14 11:31 383250210
drwx------ 2 freddy wheel 4096 May 14 11:31 428803396
drwx------ 2 freddy wheel 4096 May 14 11:31 434874756
drwx------ 2 freddy wheel 4096 May 14 11:31 473328620

drwx------ 2 freddy wheel 4096 May 15 11:05 123751698
drwx------ 2 freddy wheel 4096 May 15 11:05 357404121
drwx------ 2 freddy wheel 4096 May 15 11:05 433986205
drwx------ 2 freddy wheel 4096 May 15 11:05 499096463
drwx------ 2 freddy wheel 4096 May 15 11:05 499134953
drwx------ 2 freddy wheel 4096 May 15 11:05 550017105

drwx------ 2 freddy wheel 4096 May 19 14:54 420378522
drwx------ 2 freddy wheel 4096 May 19 14:54 429832960
drwx------ 2 freddy wheel 4096 May 19 14:54 447471792
drwx------ 2 freddy wheel 4096 May 19 14:54 496852448
drwx------ 2 freddy wheel 4096 May 19 14:54 578243406

These are all the times when I started centerim. Not sure how to debug
this further but I'm quite sure that the users are put on your server-side
contact list while being offline and then synchronized. For whatever reason.

Le deagh dhùraghd,

        Frank Altpeter

--
FA-RIPE || http://www.altpeter.de/