Hi Erik,

as no one else responded, I'll give it a try

Am 17.09.2010 17:07, schrieb Erik Lotspeich:
> I've used centericq (and now centerim) for nearly ten years.  I saw the
> recent request for developers.
>
> I don't have that much free time (I have three kids, one of whom is an
> infant).  I'll likely have a few hours a week to spend on CenterIM.
That's great anything will help (I guess) ;)

> I'm a C/C++ software engineer with over ten years experience with Linux
> (both application & kernel).  I would like to receive some guidance on
> the best place to start helping out.  Would it be best to look into bugs
> in CenterIM 4?  Or implementation for CenterIM 5?
I personally would love to see implemenation on CIM5 making progress. I
guess using libpurple would help a lot, since there are only very few
CIM developers and keeping track of all the protocol issues can be
cumbersome.

So that's just a vote from a "user" not sure if everyone shares that
opinion.

Greetings
-Sascha-