When I look at the debug log I see the following error from google. I have removed the user name.

<iq type="error" id="4" to="<user_removed>/centerimF4527049" from="gmail.com"><ite:query
xmlns:ite="http://jabber.org/protocol/disco#items"/><error code="501" type="cancel"><sta:feature-not-implemented
xmlns:sta="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:xmpp-stanzas"/></error></iq>

Tom