On  2. led 13 00:53, CBke wrote:
> > > 3) more similar messages
> > >
> > > #: src/Accounts.cpp:401
> > > and
> > > #: src/Accounts.cpp:404
> > > we have
> > >
> > > msgid "+ [%s] %s: New add request from %s (%s)"
> > > and
> > > msgid "+ [%s] %s: New add request from %s"
> > >
> > > while in
> > > #: src/Accounts.cpp:424
> > > and
> > > #: src/Accounts.cpp:427
> > > we have
> > >
> > > msgid "+ [%s] %s: New authorization request from %s (%s)"
> > > and
> > > msgid "+ [%s] %s: New authorization request from %s"
> > >
> > > add or leave out the word 'authorization' in both cases.
> >
> > I'm not sure if I correctly understand this suggestion.
> >
> > There are two types of requests: add and authorization. The add
> > request happens when someone you don't have on your list added
> > you, in this case you are prompted to add them to your list too.
> > The authorization request is used when someone adds you to their
> > list and then you are asked to give them authorization to see
> > your account's presence.
> >
> > I could probably merge the two messages for each request into one
> > message if that's what you mean.
>
> That is the suggestion, since I do not rally see a difference from a
> (end)user perspective.

There is a difference. I'm personally more interested in
authorization requests because they mean that someone new is
trying to communicate with me while add requests aren't so
important.

> If, for example, I configure that friends should be authorized to
> see my status / send me messages, and I am already on their
> list (historically), but did not yet authorize them. In this case an
> authorization request would be the same as an add request if I
> configured the account everybody can see my status / send me messages.

I'm not sure if I understand you correctly. Authorization request
= ask for authorization + ask for adding the user to your buddy
list (if he isn't in your list already), add request = ask for
adding the user to your buddy list.

> I'm not sure how this manifests itself in the different protocols.
>
> So technically these are two totally different things, I just don't
> know if you want to make this distinction in the UI.
> I have not found how to see if I only have a fiend in my list, or am
> also authorized by that friend.

There is currently no easy way how to get this information in the
Cim5 UI. However if you aren't authorized by your friend then
there should be an item in the context menu to request the
authorization.

--
Petr Pavlu