On Fri, 2 Oct 2009, Ralph Angenendt wrote:

On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 10:33 PM, Brian Mathis
<brian.mathis+centosd...@gmail.com> wrote:

What you currently have is the "lock model", and with few admins the
idea of opening up the system seems like a bad one because those
admins will need to deal with all those errors, but this is not the
case.  As soon as it's open, you'll have more people monitoring and
more people who can fix errors as they are introduced.

We already have > 70 people who would be able to do so (no idea how
many of these accounts are still in use). Do I see those going over
pages? Rarely, it's nearly always the same persons.

Could it be that entry to collaborate is not low enough to make it work ? If you have too many rules, people might be afraid/unable to make the necessary fix. Especially if it requires sending a mail and decision by committee.

My worries are that you are taking something for granted that is caused by the current rules, to keep those rules in place.

--
--   dag wieers,  d...@wieers.com,  http://dag.wieers.com/   --