Mark Weaver wrote:

On Tue, 01 Jan 2008 10:32:14 -0500
Ugo Bellavance <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I guess he wants it to be portable.

He seems to be knowing his requirements a lot better than we do. It looks like he wants an easy firewall that would boot for HD only,
cost nothing, and runs with usb ethernet devices.

I really think he should carry an embedded firewall (like a soekris
or a wrap) with pfsense on it.

Ugo

well... if he built a live CD that would essentially "be" a portable
firewall. Just boot the CD in what ever machine you've got it
configured for and off you go.
bad assumption about available CD. But bootable USB is an option, and they are cheap enough (check out ecost countdowns), and hold more than a CD.

That will be coming next. Centos on a USB drive. DSL on USB is supposedly 'easy'.