On 24/06/2008, at 9:08 AM, Luke S Crawford wrote:
We were discussing memory limits of the free (as in beer) closed source citrix xensource product- limits are added to the free product in order
to encourage people to upgrade to the more expensive products.

These limits don't exist in the open-source xen product, which is what
the centos/Xen stuff is based on.

http://tx.downloads.xensource.com/downloads/docs/user/#SECTION01130000000000000000

I've personally run CentOS x86_64 5.1 boxes with north of 16G ram-
there is nothing I am aware of that would stop you from putting as much
ram as you want in a particular DomU.

You will be needing PAE, but that is default for CentOS i386/xen, so it
should Just Work.  make sure you install the libc6-xen package (should
be installed as a dependency.)  The usual PAE limits apply.

I'm typing this message in emacs running on a DomU hosted on an i386/ PAE box
with 6G ram running CentOS5.1/xen.

Hi Luke,

Thanks for the confirmation; this is what I had understood but some of the prior discussion scared me. :)

Regards,
Tom