Am 29.05.2012 23:41, schrieb Mark Nelson:

> When you are using 1 thread, you are hitting a ~40MB/s limit (probably
> networking related) before the data gets to the journal.
1GB/s is capable of at least 130Mb/s and i get 130MB/s with 3.0.30 using
16 threads. I don't get why i should hit a limit here.

> Because (in
> this case) the filestore data disk can handle that throughput,
> everything looks nice and consistent.
osd bench and fio and dd tells me the underlying disks can handle
260MB/s (Intel SSD).

> In this case, that 40MB/s limit with 1 thread has increased.  Now more
> data is getting fed into the journal than the filestore can write out to
> disk.  Eventually writes stall while the data is being written out.

I don't want to argue but why should this only happen with 3.4.0 and NOT
with 3.0.30. Even though it does not matter which underlying FS i use.
It is the same with XFS AND btrfs.

Stefan