I have a system with a bunch or ram that I want to remain the active MDS but still have a backup.

This config doesn't seem to be working. I can make linuscs92 the active by stopping and starting the mds on linuscs95. It would be nice for linuscs92 to be the active from the start.

[mds.linuscs95]
        host = linuscs95
        mds standby replay = true
        mds standby for name = linuscs92

Also about disk write cache.

If the Data center, servers and storage units are backed by redundant power sources, Batteries and a generator. Is the concern for data loss less?

Any one turn disk write cache on and see a great improvement?

Thanks

Matt