On 12/13/2012 01:00 PM, Nick Bartos wrote:
> Here's another log with the kernel debugging enabled:
> https://gist.github.com/raw/4278697/1c9e41d275e614783fbbdee8ca5842680f46c249/rbd-hang-1355424455.log
>
> Note that it hung on the 2nd try.

Just to make sure I'm working with the right code base, can
you confirm that you're using a kernel built with the equivalent
of what's now in the "wip-nick-newer" branch (commit id 1728893)?

Also, looking at this log I don't think I see any rbd debug output.
Does that make sense to you?

How are you activating debugging to get these messages?
If it includes something like:

    echo module libceph +p > /sys/kernel/debug/dynamic_debug/control

it might be that you need to also do:

    echo module rbd +p > /sys/kernel/debug/dynamic_debug/control

This information would be helpful in providing some more context
about what rbd is doing that's leading to the various messaging
activity I seen in this log.

Please send me a log with that info if you are able to produce
one.  Thanks a lot.

                                        -Alex