We did evaluate whether NVMKV could be implemented by non-fusionIO ssds, i.e
re-invent an NVMKV, the final conclusion sounds like it's not hard with
persistent memory(which will be available soon).  But yeah, NVMKV will not work
if no PM is present---persist the hashing table to SSD is not practicable.

Range query seems not a very big issue as the random read performance of
nowadays SSD is more than enough, I mean, even we break all sequential to
random (typically 70-80K IOPS which is ~300MB/s), the performance still good
enough.

Anyway,  I think for the high IOPS case, it's hard for the consumer to play
well on SSDs from different vendors, would be better to leave it to SSD vendor,
something like Openstack Cinder's structure.  a vendor has the responsibility
to maintain their drivers to ceph and take care the performance.