Hello Alwin,

do you know if it makes difference to disable "all green computing" in
the BIOS vs. settings the governor to "performance" in the OS?

Of not, I think I will will have some service cycles to set our
proxmox-ceph nodes correctly.

Best Regards,

Andreas

On 14.10.20 08:39, Alwin Antreich wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 13, 2020 at 11:19:33AM -0500, Mark Nelson wrote:
>> Thanks for the link Alwin!
>>

>> On intel platforms disabling C/P state transitions can have a really big
>> impact on IOPS (on RHEL for instance using the network or performance
>> latency tuned profile).  It would be very interesting to know if AMD EPYC
>> platforms see similar benefits.  I don't have any in house, but if you
>> happen to have a chance it would be an interesting addendum to your report.
> Thanks for the suggestion. I indeed did a run before disabling the C/P
> states in the BIOS. But unfortunately I didn't keep the results. :/
>
> As far as I remember though, there was a visible improvement after
> disabling them.
>
> I will have a look, once I have some time to do some more benchmarks.
>
> --
> Cheers,
> Alwin

Andreas John
net-lab GmbH  |  Frankfurter Str. 99  |  63067 Offenbach
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Andreas John | AG Offenbach, HRB40832
Tel: +49 69 8570033-1 | Fax: -2 | http://www.net-lab.net

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/netlabdotnet
Twitter: https://twitter.com/netlabdotnet