Hi casey,

I’ve tested that while you answered me actually :-)

So, all in all, we can’t stop the radosgw for now and tier cache option
can’t work as we use EC based pools (at least for nautilus).

Due to those constraints we’re currently thinking of the following
procedure:

1°/- Create the new EC Profile.
2°/- Create the new EC based pool and assign it the new profile.
3°/- Create a new storage class that use this new pool.
4°/- Add this storage class to the default placement policy.
5°/- Force a bucket lifecycle objects migration (possible??).

It seems at least one user attempted to do just that in here:

https://lists.ceph.io/hyperkitty/list/ceph-users@ceph.io/thread/RND652IBFIG6ESSQXVGNX7NAGCNEVYOU

The only part of that thread that I don’t get is the:

« I think actually moving an already-stored object requires a lifecycle
transition policy… » part of the Matt Benjamin answer.

What kind of policy should I write to do that ??

Is this procedure something that looks ok to you?

Kind regards!