Hi Gaël,
I'm actually embarking on a similar project to migrate EC pool from
k=2,m=1 to k=4,m=2 using rgw multi site sync.
I just thought I'd check before you do a lot of work for nothing that
when you say failure domain that's the crush failure domain you mean,
not k and m? If it is failure domain you mean I wonder if you realise
that you can change the crush rule on an EC pool?
You can change the rule the same as other pool types like this:
sudo ceph osd pool set {pool_name} crush_rule {rule_name}
At least that is my understanding and I have done so on a couple of my
pools (changed from Host to Chassis failure domain).
I found it a bit confusing in the docs because you can't change the EC
profile of a pool due to k and m numbers and the crush rule is defined
in the profile as well, but you can change that outside of the
profile.

Regards,
Rich