On Mon, Jun 03, 2013 at 08:58:00PM -0700, Sage Weil wrote:

> My first guess is that you do not have the newer crush tunables set and
> some placements are not quite right.  If you are prepared for some data
> migration, and are not using an older kernel client, try
>
>  ceph osd crush tunables optimal

 One thing that I'm not quite sure about - in the documentation we learn: The
ceph-osd and ceph-mon daemons will start requiring the feature bits of new
connections as soon as they get the updated map. However, already-connected
clients are effectively grandfathered in, and will misbehave if they do not
support the new feature.

So: Am I in danger when I set this to optimal in a productive bobtail-cluster
with qemu-rbd being the only "client" around?

> sage

Wolfgang

--
http://www.wogri.com