Thanks Jamie,
I have not tried bonnie++.  I was trying to keep it to sequential IO for
comparison since that is all Rados bench can do.   I did do a full io test
in a windows vm using SQLIO.  I have both read/write sequential/random for
4/8/64K blocks from that test.  I also have access to a Dell Equallogic so
I was using that as high end benchmark with the same SQLIO tests.  Same
goes for a single Intel SSD 320 my partner has.  I can attach that if you
want to look at it.
In those test the random IO was not too bad between the Equallogic and Ceph
but the sequential was not(possibly because of the huge cache in the
Equallogic.  But I am still bother by the zero difference in performance
between using 1 SSD disk vs 2 vs 3 disks.  I would think there would be an
increase in reads atleast.

<<EmailLogo.png>>

<<EmailLogo.png>>