>> Is having two cluster networks like this a supported configuration? Every
>> osd and mon can reach every other so I think it should be.
>
> Maybe. If your back end network is a supernet and each cluster network is a
> subnet of that supernet. For example:
>
> Ceph.conf cluster network (supernet): 10.0.0.0/8
>
> Cluster network #1:  10.1.1.0/24
> Cluster network #2: 10.1.2.0/24
>
> With that configuration OSD address autodection *should* just work.

It should work but thinking more about it the OSDs will likely be
assigned IPs on a single network, whichever is inspected and matches
the supernet range (which could be in either subnet). In order to have
OSDs on two distinct networks you will likely have to use a
declarative configuration in /etc/ceph/ceph.conf which lists the OSD
IP addresses for each OSD (making sure to balance between links).

>> 1. move osd traffic to eth1. This obviously limits maximum throughput to
>> ~100Mbytes/second, but I'm getting nowhere near that right now anyway.
>
> Given three links I would probably do this if your replication factor is >=
> 3. Keep in mind 100Mbps links could very well end up being a limiting
> factor.

Sorry I read Mbytes and Mbps, big difference, the former is much preferable!

--

Kyle