On 16/05/14 16:34, Christian Balzer wrote:
Thanks for bringing that to my attention.
It looks very good until one gets to the Sandforce controller in the specs.

As in, if you're OK with occasional massive spikes in latency, go for it
(same for the Intel 530).
If you prefer consistent perfomance, avoid.

Cool, that saves me from burning £100 unnecessarily. Thanks.
I've one more suggestion before I just buy an Intel DC S3500 . . .

Seagate 600 Pro 100GB
520/300 Sequential Read/Write
80k/20k Random 4k Read/Write IOPS
Power Loss Protection
280/650TB endurance (two figures, weird, but both high)
5yr warranty and not a bad price

http://www.seagate.com/www-content/product-content/ssd-fam/600-pro-ssd/en-gb/docs/600-pro-ssd-data-sheet-ds1790-3-1310gb.pdf

It's not a SandForce controller :) It's a LAMD LM87800.

Cheers,
Simon.