Hi Justin,

I could probably be wrong on this but you're having to use a Ceph gateway
rather than natively interracting with the cluster right? If so then the
only way that you'd really be able to get HA would be to install a load
balancer in front of multiple gateways. Under normal conditions when all is
good they can share the load and when one fails it's simply dropped out of
the rotation but you continue to hit the same IP address.

As I understand, the fact that there isn't a native fault tolerance here is
a large part of the reason why it's not currently production ready.

Kind regards

Iain

On Sat, Apr 4, 2015 at 6:30 AM, Justin Chin-You <justin.chin...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Hoping someone can help me understand CEPH HA or point me in the direction
> of a doc I missed.
>
> I understand how CEPH HA itself works in regards to PG, OSD and
> Monitoring. However what isn't clear for me is the failover in regards to
> things like iSCSI and the not yet production ready CIFS/NFS.
>
> Scenario:
> I have 2 servers that are peered and running CEPH and I am replicating
> between both. Using CEPH I have iSCSI targets and CIFS/NFS stores.
>
> In the event a server should fail how are iSCSI Initiators and CIFS/NFS
> clients re-directed? I am assuming Multipath and Virtual IPs but I can't
> figure out if this is something I need to configure/run on the OS side or
> if it is in CEPH itself.
>
> Any help appreciated!
>
> Thanks!

Iain Geddes