Thanks to all for your reply
It is clear that Monitor keeps track of Pools and PGs in the cluster and there
is no need of MDS for Ceph object storage and block storage, since both of
these storage types do not require to maintain a file hierarchy.But, I have a
question:In Ceph Object Storage, If we use Swift APIs to store objects, then
objects are stored in some container within an account according to user
interface. but in backend, objects are stored in PGs within a pool.Then, from
user perspective, there is a need to maintain the information about number of
objects stored in a container and number of container in an account etc. and
this information is needed to be updated timely as there are any changes in the
count.
How does Ceph maintain all these information?
Please reply. -----RegardsPragya JainDepartment of Computer ScienceUniversity
of DelhiDelhi, India

     On Saturday, 18 April 2015 9:16 AM, pragya jain <prag_2...@yahoo.co.in>