Hi Florent,

10x degradation is definitely unusual!  A couple of things to look at:

Are 8K rados bench writes to the rgw.buckets pool slow? You can with something like:

rados -p rgw.buckets bench 30 write -t 256 -b 8192

You may also want to try targeting a specific RGW server to make sure the RR-DNS setup isn't interfering (at least while debugging). It may also be worth creating a new replicated pool and try writes to that pool as well to see if you see much difference.

Mark