I was wondering if anybody could give me some insight as to how CephFS does
its caching - read-caching in particular.

We are using CephFS with an EC pool on the backend with a replicated cache
pool in front of it. We're seeing some very slow read times. Trying to
compute an md5sum on a 15GB file twice in a row (so it should be in cache)
takes the time from 23 minutes down to 17 minutes, but this is over a
10Gbps network and with a crap-ton of OSDs (over 300), so I would expect it
to be down in the 2-3 minute range.

I'm just trying to figure out what we can do to increase the performance. I
have over 300 TB of live data that I have to be careful with, though, so I
have to have some level of caution.

Is there some other caching we can do (client-side or server-side) that
might give us a decent performance boost?