Hello Cephers,

A very happy new year to you all!

I wanted to enable LTTng tracepoints for a few tests with infernalis and
configured Ceph with the -with-lttng option. Seeing a recent post on conf file
options for tracing, I added these lines:

osd_tracing = true
osd_objectstore_tracing = true
rados_tracing = true
rbd_tracing = true

However, I am unable to see LTTng tracepoints within ceph-osd. I can see
tracepoints in ceph-mon though. The main difference with respect to tracing
between ceph-mon and ceph-osd seems to be TracepointProvider and I thought the
addition in my config file should do the trick but that didn't change anything.
I do not know if this is relevant but I also checked with lsof and I see
ceph-osd is accessing the lttng library as is ceph-mon. Did anyone come across
this issue and if so, could you give me some direction on this? Thanks a lot
for your help!

Aakanksha