Have you started ceph-osd with LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib64/liblttng-ust-fork.so
[matched to correct OS path]?  I just tested ceph-osd on the master branch and
was able to generate OSD trace events.  You should also make sure that AppArmor
/ SElinux isn't denying access to /dev/shm/lttng-ust-*.

What tracing events do you see being generated from ceph-mon?  I didn't realize
it had any registered tracepoint events.

--

Jason Dillaman