Well that's interesting.

I've mounted block devices to the kernel and exported them to iscsi but the
performance was horrible.. I wonder if this is any different?

From: "Dominik Zalewski" <dzalew...@optlink.co.uk>
To: ceph-users@lists.ceph.com
Sent: Monday, January 18, 2016 6:35:20 AM
Subject: [ceph-users] CentOS 7 iscsi gateway using lrbd

Hi,
I'm looking into implementing iscsi gateway with MPIO using lrbd -
https://github.com/swiftgist/lrb

https://www.suse.com/docrep/documents/kgu61iyowz/suse_enterprise_storage_2_and_iscsi.pdf

https://www.susecon.com/doc/2015/sessions/TUT16512.pdf

>From above examples:

For iSCSI failover and load-balancing,

these servers must run a kernel supporting the target_core_

rbd module. This also requires that the target servers run at

least the version 3.12.48-52.27.1 of the kernel-default ­package.

Updates packages are available from the SUSE Linux

Enterprise Server maintenance channel.

I understand that lrbd is basically a nice way to configure LIO and rbd across
ceph osd nodes/iscsi gatways. Does CentOS 7 have same target_core_rbd module in
the kernel or this is something Suse Enterprise Storage specific only?

Basically will LIO+rbd work the same way on CentOS 7? Has anyone using it with
CentOS?

Thanks

Dominik