Hello List

To confirm what Christian has said. We have been playing with a 3 node
4 SSD (3610) per node cluster. Putting the journals on the OSD SSDs we
were getting 770MB /s sustained with large sequential writes, and 35
MB/s and about 9200 IOPS with small random writes. Putting an NVME as
journals decreased the sustained throughput marginally, probably by
40MB/s and increased consistently the small random writes by about 10
MB/s and 3100 IOPS or so. But now with my small cluster I've got a
huge failure domain in each OSD server.

As the number of OSDs increase I would imagine the value of backing
SSDs with NVME journals diminishes.