On Tue, Jan 3, 2017 at 6:17 AM, Kent Borg <kentb...@borg.org> wrote:

> On 01/02/2017 01:56 PM, David Turner wrote:
>
> We have several clusters in the PB range that use dmcrypt.  I can't speak
> to what it's performance detriment is to a non-dmcrypt cluster, but our
> clusters run just fine.  I don't really understand the question though...
> Either you need dmcrypt for legal reasons in your business or you don't.
> If you don't then why use it?
>

> Assuming I am understanding the question...
>
> If there isn't too big a performance hit, it makes disk disposal (we
> expect disks to die, right?) much simpler.

OK. Thanks. But if I have a big volumes in TB size (10 TB volume)  and
writing/reading from the big volumes - will impact on performance
like write and read speed? I surely see some impact on writing and read
because - all chunks going to multiple OSD, where encryption requires,
which may cause slow writes. Similarly for read also.

Thanks
Swami