I've built 'my-first-ceph-cluster' with two of the 4-node, 12 drive
Supermicro servers and dual 10Gb interfaces(one cluster, one public)

I now have 9x 36-drive supermicro StorageServers made available to me, each
with dual 10GB and a single Mellanox IB/40G nic. No 1G interfaces except
IPMI. 2x 6-core 6-thread 1.7ghz xeon processors (12 cores total) for 36
drives. Currently 32GB of ram. 36x 1TB 7.2k drives.

Early usage will be CephFS, exported via NFS and mounted on ESXi 5.5 and
6.0 hosts(migrating from a VMWare environment), later to transition to
qemu/kvm/libvirt using native RBD mapping. I tested iscsi using lio and saw
much worse performance with the first cluster, so it seems this may be the
better way, but I'm open to other suggestions.

Considerations:
Best practice documents indicate .5 cpu per OSD, but I have 36 drives and
12 CPUs. Would it be better to create 18x 2-drive raid0 on the hardware
raid card to present a fewer number of larger devices to ceph? Or run
multiple drives per OSD?

There is a single 256gb SSD which i feel would be a bottleneck if I used it
as a journal for all 36 drives, so I believe bluestore with a journal on
each drive would be the best option.

Is 1.7Ghz too slow for what I'm doing?

I like the idea of keeping the public and cluster networks separate. Any
suggestions on which interfaces to use for what? I could theoretically push
36Gb/s, figuring 125MB/s for each drive, but in reality will I ever see
that? Perhaps bond the two 10GB and use them as the public, and the 40gb as
the cluster network? Or split the 40gb in to 4x10gb and use 3x10GB bonded
for each?

If there is a more appropriate venue for my request, please point me in
that direction.

Thanks,
Dan