From: ceph-users [mailto:ceph-users-boun...@lists.ceph.com] On Behalf Of Samuel
Soulard
Sent: Wednesday, 9 August 2017 6:45 AM
To: ceph-us...@ceph.com
Subject: [ceph-users] Iscsi configuration

Hi all,

Platform : Centos 7 Luminous 12.1.2

First time here but, are there any guides or guidelines out there on how to
configure ISCSI gateways in HA so that if one gateway fails, IO can continue on
the passive node?

What I've done so far
-ISCSI node with Ceph client map rbd on boot
-Rbd has exclusive-lock feature enabled and layering
-Targetd service dependent on rbdmap.service
-rbd exported through LUN ISCSI
-Windows ISCSI imitator can map the lun and format / write to it (awesome)

Now I have no idea where to start to have an active /passive scenario for luns
exported with LIO.  Any ideas?

Also the web dashboard seem to hint that it can get stats for various clients
made on ISCSI gateways, I'm not sure where it pulls that information. Is
Luminous now shipping a ISCSI daemon of some sort?

Thanks all!
Confidentiality: This email and any attachments are confidential and may be
subject to copyright, legal or some other professional privilege. They are
intended solely for the attention and use of the named addressee(s). They may
only be copied, distributed or disclosed with the consent of the copyright
owner. If you have received this email by mistake or by breach of the
confidentiality clause, please notify the sender immediately by return email
and delete or destroy all copies of the email. Any confidentiality, privilege
or copyright is not waived or lost because this email has been sent to you by
mistake.